Smugglers are putting refugees on rafts that have virtually no chance of completing the dangerous Mediterranean crossing–turning every rescue into a life-or-death mission to save hundreds of migrants
Democrats are finally leaning in, while Republicans talk compromise
When the call came, my brother was at work in the open office in Cambridge, Mass., he shares with seven colleagues who, like him, help run clinical trials for a drug developer. The phone number came up blocked, so he knew it must be the doctor. He stood up, unsteady on his feet. Was he a little nauseous? Or was that just adrenaline? He ducked into the hallway in search of quiet.
Inside the fight to take back the fitting room
A mysterious blip of energy seemingly from deep space was detected by a Russian radio telescope, leading some to suspect alien contact. But abnormal signals have been misinterpreted before.
Experts recommend that everyone get a mix of cardio and strength training, neither of which requires a pricey gym membership. Here are six simple workouts with proven health benefits.
When Donald Trump and others lambast correctness, they’re just distracting from real issues
Comic Actor of Pure Imagination
Valeant, Turing, Theranos and Mylan show the fallout of epic greed. The victim? American consumers
Why do we consider it our jobs to say that mistakes indicate ‘racism’?
A roundup of new and noteworthy insights from the week’s most talked-about studies:
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer