Smugglers are putting refugees on rafts that have virtually no chance of completing the dangerous Mediterranean crossing–turning every rescue into a life-or-death mission to save hundreds of migrants
Democrats are finally leaning in, while Republicans talk compromise
When the call came, my brother was at work in the open office in Cambridge, Mass., he shares with seven colleagues who, like him, help run clinical trials for a drug developer. The phone number came up blocked, so he knew it must be the doctor. He stood up, unsteady on his feet. Was he a little nauseous? Or was that just adrenaline? He ducked into the hallway in search of quiet.
Inside the fight to take back the fitting room
A mysterious blip of energy seemingly from deep space was detected by a Russian radio telescope, leading some to suspect alien contact. But abnormal signals have been misinterpreted before.
Experts recommend that everyone get a mix of cardio and strength training, neither of which requires a pricey gym membership. Here are six simple workouts with proven health benefits.
When Donald Trump and others lambast correctness, they’re just distracting from real issues
Comic Actor of Pure Imagination
Valeant, Turing, Theranos and Mylan show the fallout of epic greed. The victim? American consumers
Why do we consider it our jobs to say that mistakes indicate ‘racism’?
A roundup of new and noteworthy insights from the week’s most talked-about studies:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com