Donald Trump and Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto appeared together in a joint press conference in Mexico City following a closed-door meeting Wednesday.
Addressing reporters from side-by-side podiums, Trump and Nieto talked about their “open and constructive” conversation.
Trump, who has repeatedly derided Mexico since announcing his presidential candidacy last year, said the U.S. had the right to build a wall between the two countries, but declined to say his oft-repeated line that Mexico would pay for the wall.
“We did discus the wall. We didn’t discuss payment of the wall,” Trump said.
Read the full press conference below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time