Melanie Chisholm, otherwise known as Mel C or Sporty Spice, has revealed why she called it quits on a Spice Girls reunion tour.
The track suit aficionado revealed in an recent essay for The Love Magazine why she said no to another Spice Girls reunion. Apparently, Mel C didn’t feel that a reunion felt quite right without all the Spice Girls present (Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham opted out because of her commitments with her fashion line and her family.)
“Unfortunately something didn’t feel quite right and I had to follow my gut,” Chisholm wrote. Sporty also addressed the pressure for the Spice Girls to continue to reunite especially with the anniversary of their legendary hit, “Wannabe.”
Quiz: Are You Really Ready to Send Your Kid Back to School?
“Look, I will be a Spice Girl until I die,” Chisholm wrote. “But the continuous speculation on whether we will reform to celebrate 20 years of Wannabe has been particularly exhausting. Don’t get me wrong – I totally get it. But is it a new rule that bands have to reform? Why can’t we just be remembered for our incredible achievements in the nineties.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement