ABC announced the cast of Dancing With the Stars‘ upcoming 23rd season, which includes Olympians and a politician.
Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez, fresh from the 2016 Rio Olympics, landed spots on the celebrity roster, as did talk show host Amber Rose, rapper Vanilla Ice and former Texas governor Rick Perry.
ABC announced this season’s cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, with an appearance by Lochte and Hernandez.
“I’m definitely really excited. This is completely new for me,” Lochte said on Good Morning America. “I think it’s time for me to hang up the Speedo and put on my dancing shoes and get in that ballroom.
Perry posted a photo on Twitter posing alongside his professional dance partner Emma Slater and wrote he would use his new platform to help veterans.
Other cast members include NFL star Calvin Johnson Jr., country singer Jana Kramer and Maureen McCormick, best known for playing Marcia Brady on The Brady Bunch. See the full cast list here.
The stars and their dance partners will hit the floor Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. when the 23rd season premieres.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction