ABC announced the cast of Dancing With the Stars‘ upcoming 23rd season, which includes Olympians and a politician.
Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez, fresh from the 2016 Rio Olympics, landed spots on the celebrity roster, as did talk show host Amber Rose, rapper Vanilla Ice and former Texas governor Rick Perry.
ABC announced this season’s cast on Good Morning America on Tuesday, with an appearance by Lochte and Hernandez.
“I’m definitely really excited. This is completely new for me,” Lochte said on Good Morning America. “I think it’s time for me to hang up the Speedo and put on my dancing shoes and get in that ballroom.
Perry posted a photo on Twitter posing alongside his professional dance partner Emma Slater and wrote he would use his new platform to help veterans.
Other cast members include NFL star Calvin Johnson Jr., country singer Jana Kramer and Maureen McCormick, best known for playing Marcia Brady on The Brady Bunch. See the full cast list here.
The stars and their dance partners will hit the floor Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. when the 23rd season premieres.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'