After their successful turn at the Rio Olympics, the Final Five gymnasts — Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Laurie Hernandez, Madison Kocian, and Gabby Douglas — are basking in their newfound glory. On Sunday night, four of the five hit MTV’s Video Music Awards to present the award for Best Female Video (to Beyoncé, of course), but throughout the evening they got a chance to meet — and take selfies with — a ton of their celebrity favorites.
Aly Raisman started her evening hanging out with new besties Chrissy Teigen and John Legend and their daughter Luna. Legend even helped Raisman’s brother with his tie as they prepped for the big night.
The crew got a pose in with singer Ariana Grande, who performed a version of “Side by Side” with Nicki Minaj involving stationary exercise bikes.
They fit in a snap with Victoria’s Secret models Taylor Hill and Jasmine Tookes, Raisman noting that “beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.”
Hernandez made sure to get her perfect selfie with Kanye himself.
And of course they took copious selfies with the queen of the art form herself, Kim Kardashian West.
There was Biles hanging out with rapper G-Eazy, who would go on to perform with Britney Spears during her big VMA stage comeback to “Make Me.”
Rapper Flo Rida got in on their golden glow.
And finally there was there their big moment on stage with Beyoncé.
Needless to say, the Final Five are just getting started with their complete takeover of the world of celebrity and social media. We’re watching.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World