“His health is excellent, especially his mental health,” Dr. Harold Bornstein said in an interview with NBC Nightly News on Friday. He said he typed the letter at the last minute, while a limo dispatched by Trump waited for it.
“If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” Bornstein wrote in the letter, calling the Republican nominee’s strength and stamina “extraordinary.”
Read more: Why So Many Presidents Are So Healthy
He affirmed that statement in the interview with NBC. “I like that sentence to be quite honest with you and all the rest of them are either sick or dead,” said Bornstein, who has been Trump’s doctor for 35 years. He said his enthusiastic wording was inspired by the over-the-top language Trump favors.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022