Got an iPhone? Update it. Right now. This is not a drill.
Why the urgency? Apple on Thursday released a patch fixing a previously unknown security flaw that can give hackers complete access to a targeted iPhone. That is a Very Bad Thing.
Software exploiting that vulnerability was found “targeting an activist’s iPhone in the Middle East,” the Associated Press reports. Once a flaw like that is out there, it’s only a matter of time before other hackers start using it. So be proactive and patch up your phone before they have the chance.
To update your iPhone, open Settings, then General, then Software Update, then “Install.” (iOS 9.3.5 is the version you want.)
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy