Got an iPhone? Update it. Right now. This is not a drill.
Why the urgency? Apple on Thursday released a patch fixing a previously unknown security flaw that can give hackers complete access to a targeted iPhone. That is a Very Bad Thing.
Software exploiting that vulnerability was found “targeting an activist’s iPhone in the Middle East,” the Associated Press reports. Once a flaw like that is out there, it’s only a matter of time before other hackers start using it. So be proactive and patch up your phone before they have the chance.
To update your iPhone, open Settings, then General, then Software Update, then “Install.” (iOS 9.3.5 is the version you want.)
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time