Better Call Saul actor Bob Odenkirk confirmed a long-rumored show secret during his Jimmy Kimmel Live! appearance Wednesday night. For months, fans have speculated that there’s a message hidden in the first letters of the season 2 episode titles, which spell out “Fring’s Back.”
Fring, of course, references Gus Fring, the notorious “drug kingpin and chicken store owner” played by Giancarlo Esposito on Saul antecedent Breaking Bad. Odenkirk confirmed the April fan discovery, but said he hasn’t talked to Esposito yet.
“I’m looking for him,” Odenkirk said. “He’s coming back.” Characters from Breaking Bad have occasionally appeared on spinoff Saul.
Now that the “cat’s out of the bag,” Odenkirk added, “I imagine he’ll be in the first moment…Let’s go.”
See Odenkirk’s appearance above.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up