Frank Ocean, the world’s most beloved procrastinator, is not only benevolent and generous as demonstrated by the wealth of new music he’s blessed us with of late, but he’s also a very good friend. Case in point? His random act of kindness for buddy Chance the Rapper, who has said in the past that Ocean’s new music is a “masterpiece.”
In an interview with GQ, Chance revealed that one night he had a date over at his house, when he used to live in Los Angeles; during the date, Ocean was downstairs, but eventually started playing music and singing, which definitely upped the quality of Chance’s date.
“Frank just comes up and starts playing the piano and lightly singing in the background of our date,” he said. “Obviously, that scored me a lot of points with this female.”
As elusive as Ocean is, it’s heartwarming to know that he’ll come out when it matters for his friends.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was