Khal Drogo hasn’t been in an episode of Game of Thrones since the season two finale, but when Jason Momoa — who played the Dothraki warlord — posted an Instagram Saturday with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, fans immediately began to speculate that his character could be returning.
Benioff and Weiss are currently in Ireland for pre-production of Thrones’ seventh season, fueling rumors that Momoa was meeting with them to discuss rejoining the cast.
Of course, since Drogo already made one post-mortem appearance when he came to Daenerys during her vision in the House of the Undying, it’s entirely possible he could return in a similar manner in season seven as his former wife finally makes her way to Westeros.
“Cheeeeehhoooooooooo. [At] Guinness in Ireland. Drinking mothers milk With my brothers [Brian Andrew Mendoza,] dan and david,” the 37-year-old actor captioned the photo. “Love ya GOT greatest show on earth ALOHA DROGO.”
However, it seems more likely that Momoa is visiting Ireland mainly to tour the Guinness Brewery in Dublin, as he has posted several pictures of himself doing just that since his G.o.T. reunion.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time