It’s a well-established fact that The Devil Wears Prada is a perennial rom-com favorite (John Legend and Chrissy Teigen count themselves as huge fans), but this tale about the inner-workings of the fashion world has an extra-special fan in John Krasinski. The actor, of course, just so happens to be married to Emily Blunt, who had her breakout role in the film as Meryl Streep’s harried assistant.
Krasinski told E! News that he hid his affinity for the movie for the first year of his relationship with Blunt.
“There was one day when it was on and I said it was so good and Emily said, ‘Have you seen this movie?’ I said, ‘A lot of times.’ She said, ‘That’s so sweet, but how many times?’ Luckily, we had been dating for about a year so there was a lot of trust built up and I said, ‘Like, 75.’”
Initially, Krasinski actually went to great lengths to hide the truth about his The Devil Wears Prada indulgence.
“We had just started dating and she had come over to my house. She popped by in between some things and I was watching it,” the director and star of The Hollars said. “She opened the door and I flipped the channel and she looked at me like, ‘Were you just watching porn?’…I think it was better for me at the time for her to think I was watching porn than watching The Devil Wears Prada for the seventy-fifth time.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science