LIFE VR, a multi-platform virtual reality brand, is scheduled to premiere new content at “VR On The Lot,” a conference to be held on Oct. 13-14 at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles.
LIFE VR, an extension of Time Inc.’s LIFE brand, will include programming from the media company’s more than 25 brands, including TIME, People, Sports Illustrated and InStyle. LIFE VR will launch this fall as a free app available for both iOS and Android devices.
“VR is an exciting new medium for content producers such as Time Inc., enabling us to take our storytelling to the next level by showing viewers the world in a whole new way,” Chris Hercik, SVP, Creative + Content, The Foundry @ Time Inc., said in a press release announcing the conference.
VR on the Lot will feature presentations from more than a dozen media, marketing and education companies. It will also include Robert Stromberg, the director of “The Martian VR Experience,” and Bryan Singer, the director of the “X-Men” movies.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll