Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump cancelled scheduled campaign events in Colorado, Nevada and Oregon in a week that was originally billed by the campaign as focusing on immigration.
While Trump will attend a private fundraiser in Aspen, Co. he will not make a speech on immigration that was scheduled in Denver on Thursday, according to the Denver Post.
The Trump campaign also said it had cancelled a planned rally in Las Vegas on Friday, according to local ABC affiliate KTNV. No reason was given for the Nevada cancellation, but a planned Lake Tahoe fundraiser will continue as planned.
Another planned rally and fundraiser in Portland, Ore., scheduled for Aug. 31, was cancelled, according to local CBS affiliate KOIN. Trump’s Oregon campaign director, Jacob G. Daniels, cited Trump’s visit to Baton Rouge, La., which has been ravaged by heavy flooding, as the reason for the cancellation.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time