In July, TIME exclusively reported that Marvel’s new Iron Man would be Riri Williams, a young black woman with an inspiring back story, but she didn’t have a superhero name yet.
Now, Marvel tells Wired that after considering different options, her official new name will be Ironheart.
Apparently this brilliant superhero hits MIT at just 15. Bendis and artist Stefano Caselli will create Ironheart’s story — and the first issue is due out this November.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve