In July, TIME exclusively reported that Marvel’s new Iron Man would be Riri Williams, a young black woman with an inspiring back story, but she didn’t have a superhero name yet.
Now, Marvel tells Wired that after considering different options, her official new name will be Ironheart.
Apparently this brilliant superhero hits MIT at just 15. Bendis and artist Stefano Caselli will create Ironheart’s story — and the first issue is due out this November.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.