In July, TIME exclusively reported that Marvel’s new Iron Man would be Riri Williams, a young black woman with an inspiring back story, but she didn’t have a superhero name yet.
Now, Marvel tells Wired that after considering different options, her official new name will be Ironheart.
Apparently this brilliant superhero hits MIT at just 15. Bendis and artist Stefano Caselli will create Ironheart’s story — and the first issue is due out this November.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating