In July, TIME exclusively reported that Marvel’s new Iron Man would be Riri Williams, a young black woman with an inspiring back story, but she didn’t have a superhero name yet.
Now, Marvel tells Wired that after considering different options, her official new name will be Ironheart.
Apparently this brilliant superhero hits MIT at just 15. Bendis and artist Stefano Caselli will create Ironheart’s story — and the first issue is due out this November.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was