Both of Angel Colon’s legs were severely injured during the June 12 mass shooting at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, but two months after the tragic attack, he was finally able to take his first unassisted steps.
The 26-year-old, who was shot multiple times in one leg and broke the other while trying to escape the club, Esquire reports — shared a video on Facebook Aug. 12 of the heartwarming moment.
“Ahhhh Took my first Steps all by Myself!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!,” he captioned the clip, adding the hashtags #OrlandoStrong, #AngelStrong and #LoveIsLove.
Watch the full video — which has been viewed nearly 300 thousand times and liked over 7,000 times to date — below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up