Both of Angel Colon’s legs were severely injured during the June 12 mass shooting at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub, but two months after the tragic attack, he was finally able to take his first unassisted steps.
The 26-year-old, who was shot multiple times in one leg and broke the other while trying to escape the club, Esquire reports — shared a video on Facebook Aug. 12 of the heartwarming moment.
“Ahhhh Took my first Steps all by Myself!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!,” he captioned the clip, adding the hashtags #OrlandoStrong, #AngelStrong and #LoveIsLove.
Watch the full video — which has been viewed nearly 300 thousand times and liked over 7,000 times to date — below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science