While what you choose to name your child can influence their life to some extent, whether it can help win a gold medal is not guaranteed. This may not be stopping soon-to-be parents from taking their chances.
According to Google Trends, interest in the term ‘Simone baby name’ increased 230% during the month of August. The reason most likely stems from the Olympic achievements of gymnast Simone Biles and swimmer Simone Manuel.
Both athletes have achieved awe-inspiring success in Rio. Biles has been called “the greatest gymnast of all time” with her five medals: four golds and one bronze. She has also attracted several celebrity fans, from North West to Zac Efron. Manuel tied for first in the 100m-freestyle, becoming the first African American woman to win a gold medal in an individual swimming event.
Many on Twitter predicted a surge of interest in the name Simone before the Google results were revealed:
[h/t NBC News]
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement