Nick Jonas may have felt “disappointed” about the MTV Video Music Awards in July when his album Last Year Was Complicated didn’t get any nomination nods, but it looks like there are no hard feelings between the singer and the network now. On Wednesday, the now-solo pop star announced that he’ll be performing onstage at that very same show.
In a short, trippy promotional clip, Jonas muses on the importance of creativity before getting to the point: his performance. MTV reports that he and rapper Ty Dolla $ign will be performing Jonas’s hit song “Bacon” for the show.
He’ll join the likes of Britney Spears on a stage that has previously spawned viral moments like that iconic Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke mashup and the Spears-Madonna duet, so it’s fair to expect the unexpected.
The VMAs air on Sunday, August 28 at 9 p.m. EST.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow