The couple released a joint statement following the settlement announcement. “Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love,” it reads. “Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm.”
Heard filed for divorce from the Oscar-nominated actor in May and subsequently got a temporary restraining order against Depp, accusing him of hitting her during a fight at their apartment in Los Angeles. Depp denied the abuse claims and police said they found no evidence of a crime.
The estranged couple was due in court on Wednesday for a restraining order hearing.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out