The couple released a joint statement following the settlement announcement. “Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love,” it reads. “Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm.”
Heard filed for divorce from the Oscar-nominated actor in May and subsequently got a temporary restraining order against Depp, accusing him of hitting her during a fight at their apartment in Los Angeles. Depp denied the abuse claims and police said they found no evidence of a crime.
The estranged couple was due in court on Wednesday for a restraining order hearing.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This