Another day, another set of polls that show Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton surging ahead.
An NBC/Survey Monkey poll has Clinton leading Donald Trump nationally by nine percentage points, in line with recent polling. And in Virginia, a state Barack Obama won by less than four percent in 2012, Trump is down 14 points, according to The Washington Post.
In the NBC poll, a majority of respondents said they would not use any of the following phrases to describe Trump: “Personality and temperament to serve,” “Cares about people like you,” “Shares your values” or “Honest and trustworthy.” Polls of polls find Clinton has built up a solid lead as top Republicans have reportedly begun to consider pulling funding from Trump’s campaign.
The Washington Post poll had a margin of error of four percent and polled 888 registered voters. The NBC online poll had a margin of error of 1.2 percent from a sample of more than 15,000 self-identified registered voters.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating