A 21-year-old Kentucky man accused of stabbing his father during a church service told officers he was “moved by the message” before the attack on Sunday.
Ethan Buckley was charged with first-degree assault-domestic violence for stabbing his father, David Buckley, several times in the neck at a morning Baptist church service in Bowling Green, Kentucky, according tothe Bowling Green Daily News.
The arrest citation said Buckley told officers he was “moved by the message” Sunday morning before stabbing his father, the News reported. Buckley also told police he’d had thoughts of killing his father, and stabbed him with a pocket knife with the intent to kill him. Buckley said he tried to cut his father’s jugular vein so that his death would be painless.
David Buckley survived the incident and was transported to a hospital.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization