Michael Phelps is continuing to extend his record as the most decorated Olympian of all time, winning his 20th and 21st gold medals during Tuesday night’s events in Rio. Throughout his Olympic run, the 31-year-old swimmer has become one of the most cheered athletes of the Summer Games, winning fans over with both his incredible athleticism and tendency to wear his heart on his sleeve.
Whether it’s focused pre-race intensity, anxious scoreboard watching or unbridled celebration, Phelps isn’t one to hide his emotions. Here are six of his greatest game faces.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World