Style vlogger JessChic took pictures with fans who believed she was Ariana Grande, in a YouTube video posted on July 21, which has 6,250,969 views so far.
In what may be the most quintessentially Ariana Grande outfit complete with giant Minnie Mouse bow, the style blogger toured Disney World and posed for photos with several people who assumed she was the “Problem” singer.
Though that high ponytail was in effect and she appears to play into the role, in the video, the blogger audibly corrects several of the park goers who ask her if she’s Grande. The blogger has insisted that she wasn’t intentionally impersonating the star, but for the people who were overwhelmed by their bliss at the sight of a girl that looked a lot like her, it was picture time.
Addressing fan concerns, Grande tweeted, “yeah, that’s just not cool. I feel very badly for those guys and wish I could meet them now somehow.”
Watch the video below. (The Ariana Grande portion doesn’t start until four minutes in.)
In a recent subsequent video, addressing people who take issue with her video, the vlogger said, “I’m not trying to be [Ariana Grande], I didn’t go to Disney to be her, it wasn’t a prank. It was just something that happened.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating