An Olympic boxer has been arrested in Rio on sexual assault charges, Brazillian police said Monday.
Jonas Junius of Namibia was arrested Sunday after the boxer “attempted to grab and kiss the cleaning lady” in the hallway of a building in the Olympic Village, according to a New York Times report.
This is the second Olympic boxer to face sexual assault allegations. Moroccan boxer Hassan Saada was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting two Brazilian women, leading to him missing his Olympic bout Saturday.
Junius was scheduled to fight Hassan Amzile of France on Thursday in a light-welterweight bout, according to the Times.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow