An Olympic boxer has been arrested in Rio on sexual assault charges, Brazillian police said Monday.
Jonas Junius of Namibia was arrested Sunday after the boxer “attempted to grab and kiss the cleaning lady” in the hallway of a building in the Olympic Village, according to a New York Times report.
This is the second Olympic boxer to face sexual assault allegations. Moroccan boxer Hassan Saada was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting two Brazilian women, leading to him missing his Olympic bout Saturday.
Junius was scheduled to fight Hassan Amzile of France on Thursday in a light-welterweight bout, according to the Times.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out