An Olympic boxer has been arrested in Rio on sexual assault charges, Brazillian police said Monday.
Jonas Junius of Namibia was arrested Sunday after the boxer “attempted to grab and kiss the cleaning lady” in the hallway of a building in the Olympic Village, according to a New York Times report.
This is the second Olympic boxer to face sexual assault allegations. Moroccan boxer Hassan Saada was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting two Brazilian women, leading to him missing his Olympic bout Saturday.
Junius was scheduled to fight Hassan Amzile of France on Thursday in a light-welterweight bout, according to the Times.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time