An Olympic boxer has been arrested in Rio on sexual assault charges, Brazillian police said Monday.
Jonas Junius of Namibia was arrested Sunday after the boxer “attempted to grab and kiss the cleaning lady” in the hallway of a building in the Olympic Village, according to a New York Times report.
This is the second Olympic boxer to face sexual assault allegations. Moroccan boxer Hassan Saada was arrested Friday for allegedly sexually assaulting two Brazilian women, leading to him missing his Olympic bout Saturday.
Junius was scheduled to fight Hassan Amzile of France on Thursday in a light-welterweight bout, according to the Times.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart