Part of what makes Snapchat so addicting the assortment of eccentric lenses, filters, and stickers you can use to customize your snaps. The lenses option, which Snapchat announced last September, can transform your face into that of a horrifying monster or make it look like you’re vomiting rainbows. Lenses are a bit similar to apps like Zombiebooth and Face Swap, which apply special effects over an image to distort your appearance.
Snapchat, unlike most social networks, isn’t the easiest app to get started with. Many of the app’s features aren’t immediately obvious unless you’ve spent some time fiddling around with it. This is especially true of Snapchat’s lenses, which aren’t even visible until you press and hold on a person’s face when capturing a photo or video. When applying a lens, Snapchat may also ask you to make a silly facial gesture, like opening your mouth or raising your eyebrows, so that the lens fits properly. If you don’t like any of Snapchat’s lenses, you can draw your own by choosing the doodle option from the list.
Check out the video above to see how to use Lenses.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out