Accidents can happen, even in the happiest place on earth.
During the finale portion of the “Fantasmic!” musical show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida’s Disney World, a crew of costumed cartoon characters frolic and sing from a steamboat that floats around a man-made body of water. But on Sunday night, one part of the choreographed performance in the nightly show went awry when the Dopey character slipped and fell from the second level of the boat to the first, landing rather inelegantly on Goofy. Luckily, neither tumbled overboard.
Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, a slew of princesses, and all the rest continue to dance and sing after the surprise fall, proving that the show does indeed go on. One Twitter user who caught the moment on camera even commented that Dopey was “quite in character” as a bit of a klutz.
NBC’s WESH reports that an ambulance was called for the two performers, and they were treated and ultimately released.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.