Accidents can happen, even in the happiest place on earth.
During the finale portion of the “Fantasmic!” musical show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida’s Disney World, a crew of costumed cartoon characters frolic and sing from a steamboat that floats around a man-made body of water. But on Sunday night, one part of the choreographed performance in the nightly show went awry when the Dopey character slipped and fell from the second level of the boat to the first, landing rather inelegantly on Goofy. Luckily, neither tumbled overboard.
Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse, a slew of princesses, and all the rest continue to dance and sing after the surprise fall, proving that the show does indeed go on. One Twitter user who caught the moment on camera even commented that Dopey was “quite in character” as a bit of a klutz.
NBC’s WESH reports that an ambulance was called for the two performers, and they were treated and ultimately released.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was