A new poll shows Hillary Clinton jumping to a 15-point lead against Donald Trump in the presidential race.
The poll, which comes after both political party conventions, shows Clinton beating Trump 48% to 33% across the country. The McClatchy-Marist poll shows Clinton with one of her largest leads of the race. The same poll showed Clinton leading Trump by only three percent last month.
A growing Clinton lead has been reflected in a variety of new polls. The RealClearPolitics average of polls shows Clinton leading Trump by an average of 5.8 points. A new poll shows Clinton up by eight points in Pennsylvania and six points in Florida. The polling gap has grown following Trump criticizing a Gold Star family and leading Republicans reprimanding him for his comments.
The survey of 1,132 adults across the United States was conducted Aug. 1-3. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com