On Wednesday’s The Tonight Show, Aziz Ansari and Jimmy Fallon gave awkward romantic texts the dramatic reading they deserve.
Reading from thirsty texts the show says are completely real, Ansari resumes his role as a renowned online dating expert. In one of the exchanges, Ansari reads a lengthy text from a forward-thinking man who envisions a beautiful future filled with happiness with the sweet girl he just met. Her reply as portrayed by Fallon: “no.” Ansari does his best ladies man voice, and also his best “not interested” face. This isn’t the first time Ansari has tackled text miscommunication on the dating game front.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now