A Redditor has posted a brilliantly funny (and hopefully real) letter by an eight-year-old summer school student addressed to world leader Beyoncé.
Instructed to write to a person they admire, the student likely rifled through the nobodies in the third grade course catalog and chose to pen a letter to the singer who once asked, “why did God give me my talent?” No one knows for sure, but this kid does understand Beyoncé’s uniqueness, and has produced a brilliant metaphor to illustrate the rarity of her magic.
“Dear, Beyoncé — my favorite singer,” the letter reads. “You are the best you are a rare rose in a garden of blooming flowers but your the only one who shoots out sparkle and lite up the sky. My favorite song is sorry that song be poppin I be turnt up.”
If this letter about the sparkle-shooting celebrity is legitimate, than the teacher has nothing left to give the class.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far