Playdead’s Inside is coming to the PlayStation 4 on August 23, and I’m not sure there’s much more to say, than that this, for PlayStation 4 owners, is definitely cause for the good sort of freaking out.
If that name rings no bells, it’s a side-scrolling game from the studio that designed Limbo, another side-scrolling game from 2010. Both games defy slapdash summary, have evocative art styles and idiosyncratic puzzles, and benefit from repeat play-throughs. Limbo didn’t quite work for me, but I’m unabashedly taken with Inside. I called it a “masterful, elliptical puzzle-platformer” in my review of the Xbox One version that rolled out June 29 (it’s also available for PC, and both versions are $19.99).
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy