Playdead’s Inside is coming to the PlayStation 4 on August 23, and I’m not sure there’s much more to say, than that this, for PlayStation 4 owners, is definitely cause for the good sort of freaking out.
If that name rings no bells, it’s a side-scrolling game from the studio that designed Limbo, another side-scrolling game from 2010. Both games defy slapdash summary, have evocative art styles and idiosyncratic puzzles, and benefit from repeat play-throughs. Limbo didn’t quite work for me, but I’m unabashedly taken with Inside. I called it a “masterful, elliptical puzzle-platformer” in my review of the Xbox One version that rolled out June 29 (it’s also available for PC, and both versions are $19.99).
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out