Leonardo DiCaprio terrified Jonah Hill during a prank in which he pretended to be an overzealous fan or a member of the paparazzi as he raced up to his unsuspecting The Wolf of Wall Street co-star on the street.
The encounter in New York City on Monday was captured on video, People reports. Hill can be seen idly standing by a restaurant as a casually dressed DiCaprio runs up to him, pointing a cell phone in his face.
Hill appears visibly frightened before he realizes it’s his longtime friend. The two then share a long embrace, much to the joy of actual members of the paparazzi who photographed the moment.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List