NFL player DeAngelo Williams just raised the bar for Walking Dead fans. The Pittsburgh Steelers running back tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Risalyn Burzynski Saturday in a zombie-filled ceremony inspired by the AMC drama.
In an ESPN video documenting the day, Williams explains that he was so committed to the theme, he originally even wanted his engagement pictures to fit it. “I’m a huge Walking Dead fan,” he says. “I wanted to do engagement photos with us being chased by zombies and we didn’t have time because it was during season and we didn’t have that opportunity, so [Risalyn] was like, ‘How are you going to pull that off?'”
However, he was able to persuade the entire wedding party to be made up like the undead. “He didn’t have to convince me,” Burzynski explains in the clip. “He really had to convince the bridesmaids, and then he said they had to do it because they’re bridesmaids.”
Watch the full video below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022