NFL player DeAngelo Williams just raised the bar for Walking Dead fans. The Pittsburgh Steelers running back tied the knot with longtime girlfriend Risalyn Burzynski Saturday in a zombie-filled ceremony inspired by the AMC drama.
In an ESPN video documenting the day, Williams explains that he was so committed to the theme, he originally even wanted his engagement pictures to fit it. “I’m a huge Walking Dead fan,” he says. “I wanted to do engagement photos with us being chased by zombies and we didn’t have time because it was during season and we didn’t have that opportunity, so [Risalyn] was like, ‘How are you going to pull that off?'”
However, he was able to persuade the entire wedding party to be made up like the undead. “He didn’t have to convince me,” Burzynski explains in the clip. “He really had to convince the bridesmaids, and then he said they had to do it because they’re bridesmaids.”
Watch the full video below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now