A reboot of the 1984 film Splash is in the works at Disney, with Channing Tatum and Jillian Bell set to star in the film.
The original Splash, which launched the careers of Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah, follows a young man played by Hanks who reunites and falls in love with a mermaid, played by Hannah, who saved his life as a boy. But in the remake, Tatum will play the role of the mermaid—or merman, rather—who saves and then reunites with Bell.
Disney is collaborating with Imagine Entertainment’s Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, who will produce the reboot, Deadline reported. Howard directed the original Splash.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy