A reboot of the 1984 film Splash is in the works at Disney, with Channing Tatum and Jillian Bell set to star in the film.
The original Splash, which launched the careers of Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah, follows a young man played by Hanks who reunites and falls in love with a mermaid, played by Hannah, who saved his life as a boy. But in the remake, Tatum will play the role of the mermaid—or merman, rather—who saves and then reunites with Bell.
Disney is collaborating with Imagine Entertainment’s Ron Howard and Brian Grazer, who will produce the reboot, Deadline reported. Howard directed the original Splash.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time