Social media users celebrated historic firsts reached by black women throughout history on Friday, using the trending hashtag #BlackWomenDidThat to recognize their accomplishments.
As Hillary Clinton became the first woman to accept a major party’s presidential nomination on Thursday, many remembered other women who have also put cracks in that “highest, hardest glass ceiling,” including Shirley Chisholm, the first black woman to run for President in a major political party. She was also the first black U.S. congresswoman.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time