Instagram and some of the most recognizable graffiti artists in Brazil have teamed up to launch a project next week to showcase several dozen pieces of street art in Rio de Janeiro in one place on social media, officials said.
The new works of artists Acme, Luiz Zerbini, Raul Mourao, Rita Wainer and Vik Muniz will be viewable on Instagram, on the @InstawalkRio account, starting Aug. 9, Instagram said.
That account also shows a map of more than 50 artworks scattered throughout the streets of Rio.
Christian Rôças, head of strategic partnerships for Instagram in Brazil, said in a statement that officials hope to show off the “rich” street art in the seaside city.
“We built this project to appeal to Brazilians, tourists and a community of over 500 million people on Instagram who will not necessarily manage to come to Rio, but will get to experience a bit of local culture,” Rôças said.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears