Instagram and some of the most recognizable graffiti artists in Brazil have teamed up to launch a project next week to showcase several dozen pieces of street art in Rio de Janeiro in one place on social media, officials said.
The new works of artists Acme, Luiz Zerbini, Raul Mourao, Rita Wainer and Vik Muniz will be viewable on Instagram, on the @InstawalkRio account, starting Aug. 9, Instagram said.
That account also shows a map of more than 50 artworks scattered throughout the streets of Rio.
Christian Rôças, head of strategic partnerships for Instagram in Brazil, said in a statement that officials hope to show off the “rich” street art in the seaside city.
“We built this project to appeal to Brazilians, tourists and a community of over 500 million people on Instagram who will not necessarily manage to come to Rio, but will get to experience a bit of local culture,” Rôças said.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time