Actor Orlando Bloom and pop star Katy Perry have been a low-key item since January, but it’s only now that we’re getting a glimpse into the enviable way their relationship works. Exhibit A: Bloom’s on-point performance as the ideal Instagram boyfriend during Perry’s set at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia on Thursday.
As Perry performed her hits “Rise” and “Roar” and articulated her support of candidate Hillary Clinton, Bloom — seated in the audience — was snapped capturing Perry’s show on his phone. Note the smart use of his free hand to stabilize the camera for optimal video/photo quality.
Instagram boyfriends, with their all-important ability to take flattering photos and support their significant other’s social media habits, can be hard to come by. But it looks like Perry’s found a keeper. This news comes on the heels of the reveal that Jay Z is the man behind Beyoncé’s famous snaps, proving that photography skills are a critical component of any true power couple.
They even took a moment to get a group pic together, too.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now