Marvi Lacar and Ben Lowy are award-winning professional photographers, but they’re also parents of two young children. “Kids being kids, they don’t always have the patience for us to break out all of our professional gear,” says Lowy. So, like anyone else, the couple uses what we all have in our back pockets: a smartphone.
From underwater photos to action shots, slow-motion and burst modes, Lacar and Lowy have mastered the art of photographing their kids, no matter how fast they run around. In this TIME video, they share their best tips and tricks to take great vacation photos of your kids with a simple smartphone.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving