Rowling tweeted on Thursday about a workshop that teaches people “how to write a best seller and create your 6-7 figure empire” and has a photo of her, along with other successful people, on its site. She implored people not to waste their money on the bestsellerevent.com workshop.
‘Hate’ is a strong word for Rowling, whose books are a pretty long argument in favor of love. But the workshop that will help you “become an author and show you how to double… or even triple… your income!” seems enough to have earned Rowling’s disdain.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms