Rowling tweeted on Thursday about a workshop that teaches people “how to write a best seller and create your 6-7 figure empire” and has a photo of her, along with other successful people, on its site. She implored people not to waste their money on the bestsellerevent.com workshop.
‘Hate’ is a strong word for Rowling, whose books are a pretty long argument in favor of love. But the workshop that will help you “become an author and show you how to double… or even triple… your income!” seems enough to have earned Rowling’s disdain.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Julia Zorthian at email@example.com