Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said Wednesday that he supports the idea of people on federal terrorism watch lists wearing electronic monitoring bracelets or tags.
“I would think that’s an excellent idea,” Giuliani said, NJ Advance Media reported. “If you’re on the terror watch list, I should you know you’re on the terror watch list. You’re on there for a reason.”
Giuliani, who spoke at the Republican national convention last week, is currently advising Republican nominee Donald Trump’s campaign. He was in Philadelphia as part of an effort to bring Republicans to speak outside the Democratic national convention.
On Tuesday, French authorities identified a man who killed a Catholic priest during mass as an Islamic State supporter who was released from prison on the condition that he wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List