Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani said Wednesday that he supports the idea of people on federal terrorism watch lists wearing electronic monitoring bracelets or tags.
“I would think that’s an excellent idea,” Giuliani said, NJ Advance Media reported. “If you’re on the terror watch list, I should you know you’re on the terror watch list. You’re on there for a reason.”
Giuliani, who spoke at the Republican national convention last week, is currently advising Republican nominee Donald Trump’s campaign. He was in Philadelphia as part of an effort to bring Republicans to speak outside the Democratic national convention.
On Tuesday, French authorities identified a man who killed a Catholic priest during mass as an Islamic State supporter who was released from prison on the condition that he wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time