Ugly Betty star America Ferrera and Girls star Lena Dunham delivered a pointed rebuke of Donald Trump’s rhetoric at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday. They said Hillary Clinton would bring Americans together while criticizing Trump’s comments on immigration, women and other subjects.
“Hi, I’m Lean Dunham and according to Donald Trump, my body is probably a two,” Dunham began in the primetime address in Philadelphia. “…and according to Donald Trump, I’m probably a rapist,” Ferrera followed.
Earlier this month, Ferrera said Trump’s comments about immigrants “will serve brilliantly to energize Latino voters and increase turnout on Election Day against you.”
“Donald’s not making America great again, he’s making America hate again,” Ferrara said Tuesday. “The vast majority of us cannot afford to see his vision of America come to be.”
Read the remarks Ferrara and Dunham gave as delivered below:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating