Ugly Betty star America Ferrera and Girls star Lena Dunham delivered a pointed rebuke of Donald Trump’s rhetoric at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday. They said Hillary Clinton would bring Americans together while criticizing Trump’s comments on immigration, women and other subjects.
“Hi, I’m Lean Dunham and according to Donald Trump, my body is probably a two,” Dunham began in the primetime address in Philadelphia. “…and according to Donald Trump, I’m probably a rapist,” Ferrera followed.
Earlier this month, Ferrera said Trump’s comments about immigrants “will serve brilliantly to energize Latino voters and increase turnout on Election Day against you.”
“Donald’s not making America great again, he’s making America hate again,” Ferrara said Tuesday. “The vast majority of us cannot afford to see his vision of America come to be.”
Read the remarks Ferrara and Dunham gave as delivered below:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms