Ugly Betty star America Ferrera and Girls star Lena Dunham delivered a pointed rebuke of Donald Trump’s rhetoric at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday. They said Hillary Clinton would bring Americans together while criticizing Trump’s comments on immigration, women and other subjects.
“Hi, I’m Lean Dunham and according to Donald Trump, my body is probably a two,” Dunham began in the primetime address in Philadelphia. “…and according to Donald Trump, I’m probably a rapist,” Ferrera followed.
Earlier this month, Ferrera said Trump’s comments about immigrants “will serve brilliantly to energize Latino voters and increase turnout on Election Day against you.”
“Donald’s not making America great again, he’s making America hate again,” Ferrara said Tuesday. “The vast majority of us cannot afford to see his vision of America come to be.”
Read the remarks Ferrara and Dunham gave as delivered below:
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time