But for better or worse, not everyone recognizes the generally low-key 19-year old. In fact, while taking an Uber on Tuesday, she tweeted that her driver was actually starstruck by some other celebrity passenger that he’d also had the privilege of chauffeuring, just before picking up Lorde.
Lorde, who’s known for trying to keep it real, took the whole thing in stride with some tongue-in-cheek humor.
Her amusing tweets also frankly sound like her song lyrics, which tend to be both cuttingly honest and poetic. (Remember “Royals?”) Lorde, we’re waiting for your sophomore album — and if your offhand Twitter musings are anything to go by, we know it’s going to be a good one.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time