But for better or worse, not everyone recognizes the generally low-key 19-year old. In fact, while taking an Uber on Tuesday, she tweeted that her driver was actually starstruck by some other celebrity passenger that he’d also had the privilege of chauffeuring, just before picking up Lorde.
Lorde, who’s known for trying to keep it real, took the whole thing in stride with some tongue-in-cheek humor.
Her amusing tweets also frankly sound like her song lyrics, which tend to be both cuttingly honest and poetic. (Remember “Royals?”) Lorde, we’re waiting for your sophomore album — and if your offhand Twitter musings are anything to go by, we know it’s going to be a good one.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer