But for better or worse, not everyone recognizes the generally low-key 19-year old. In fact, while taking an Uber on Tuesday, she tweeted that her driver was actually starstruck by some other celebrity passenger that he’d also had the privilege of chauffeuring, just before picking up Lorde.
Lorde, who’s known for trying to keep it real, took the whole thing in stride with some tongue-in-cheek humor.
Her amusing tweets also frankly sound like her song lyrics, which tend to be both cuttingly honest and poetic. (Remember “Royals?”) Lorde, we’re waiting for your sophomore album — and if your offhand Twitter musings are anything to go by, we know it’s going to be a good one.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive