Susan Sarandon, one of Bernie Sanders’ most famous supporters, appeared less than thrilled to be sitting in the stands at the Democratic National Convention.
Sarandon had acknowledged the tweet and replied “accurate.”
The week was off to a rough start with the resignation of Democratic Party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but on Monday night Michelle Obama gave a rousing speech about her children and the future. Elizabeth Warren denounced Donald Trump. Even fellow actress Sarah Silverman admonished “Bernie or Bust” advocates for acting “ridiculous.” But that didn’t seem to win Sarandon over.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving