Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson might just be the people’s choice for President.
The actor, former wrestler and general media superstar (his newly launched YouTube channel already has nearly one million subscribers) doesn’t have a political history, per se. But he sure is popular.
At the Democratic National Convention on Monday, fans held up signs showing their support for the Ballers star as an alternate candidate in this year’s contentious race. It’s not totally out of left field: earlier this spring, he admitted that he finds the political arena attractive.
“I’ll be honest, I haven’t ruled politics out,” he said. “I can’t deny that the thought of being governor, the thought of being president, is alluring.”
Looks like he’s still digging the idea, as he posted this still of his fans at the DNC in Philadelphia on his Instagram, adding the hashtag #PresidentRock… and racking up over 500 thousand likes in less than a day. He also reweeted a fan’s photo of the sign, joking about his connection with President Obama.
This isn’t the first time he’s played into his political popularity on social media, either; he’s also Tweeted that “maybe one day” he’d consider the campaign trail.
But for now, it looks like he’s comfortable ruling pretty much all of Hollywood’s blockbusters… and not bothering with running the entire free world. Yet.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up