The theme for the first night of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia is “United Together,” but so far the unity has been elusive.
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders sent a text message to his delegate whips, asking them to not engage in protests on the convention floor on Monday. But that did not stop a some in the audience from interrupting the opening prayer with chants of “Bernie!”
Watch a video of the protest above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving