The satirical group Bad Lip Reading has given Ted Cruz’s Republican National Committee speech the full treatment in a video posted Monday.
In the manipulated footage, Cruz isn’t great at takedowns. But he does his best, deploying a garden variety of random one-liners to make Donald Trump look terrible from: “he put meth on my fork once,” to “that guy is grosser than a demon hellcat.” The crowd just looks on with confusion or utter disgust.
In reality the Texas Senator declined to endorse Trump, but in this parody video, singing, dissing and earning a black belt in creepy laughs, fake Cruz is a face-palm a second.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism