Music streaming service Spotify is here to help us make our lives easier. Step one: get out of bed, thanks to the right tunes.
Spotify partnered with psychology PhD candidate David M. Greenberg to put together the perfect playlist for waking up in the morning. The 20-song list kicks off with Coldplay’s uplifting “Viva La Vida,” and also includes timeless jams like Bill Withers’s “Lovely Day,” and the very literal “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. The secret to getting you out of bed, according to the service? The songs build slowly, send a positive message, and have a strong beat. Thanks, science, for making our mornings just a little bit better.
And for other challenging moments in your day, when the right music might be of assistance, Spotify has you covered: they crowd-sourced their ultimate workout playlist, and there’s even a selection of songs curated by a gynecologist just for giving birth.
Preview the songs below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow