Outgoing Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was booed while speaking before the Democratic convention opens in Philadelphia.
Wasserman Schultz was speaking at a breakfast for her own Florida delegation to the convention.
The Florida Representative announced Sunday that she will be resigning from her position as head of the Democratic Party in wake of leaked emails that showed party officials talking disparagingly about Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign.
The emails were posted by WikiLeaks on Friday and the messages were stolen by Russian hackers in June, who also stole DNC research files on Donald Trump.
Wasserman Schultz’s primetime convention speaking slot was canceled and she said that she will step down as DNC chair at the end of the convention on Thursday.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time