Outgoing Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was booed while speaking before the Democratic convention opens in Philadelphia.
Wasserman Schultz was speaking at a breakfast for her own Florida delegation to the convention.
The Florida Representative announced Sunday that she will be resigning from her position as head of the Democratic Party in wake of leaked emails that showed party officials talking disparagingly about Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign.
The emails were posted by WikiLeaks on Friday and the messages were stolen by Russian hackers in June, who also stole DNC research files on Donald Trump.
Wasserman Schultz’s primetime convention speaking slot was canceled and she said that she will step down as DNC chair at the end of the convention on Thursday.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate