Outgoing Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was booed while speaking before the Democratic convention opens in Philadelphia.
Wasserman Schultz was speaking at a breakfast for her own Florida delegation to the convention.
The Florida Representative announced Sunday that she will be resigning from her position as head of the Democratic Party in wake of leaked emails that showed party officials talking disparagingly about Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign.
The emails were posted by WikiLeaks on Friday and the messages were stolen by Russian hackers in June, who also stole DNC research files on Donald Trump.
Wasserman Schultz’s primetime convention speaking slot was canceled and she said that she will step down as DNC chair at the end of the convention on Thursday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization