“Who are you?” asks Quill, a.k.a Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) in the footage.
“I thought it would be obvious with my rugged good looks,” quips Russell.
Though it was previously announced Russell would play Pratt’s father, the trailer showed for the first time that that man is in fact Ego — The Living Planet, capable of immense powers.
The first Guardians of the Galaxy film had hinted that Peter Quill was not just human. Ego created himself a human form, and it was in that form that he impregnated Quill’s mother (though Quill tries to avoid hearing this information in the clip).
The trailer also featured the other Guardians team members back in action, including a still-baby Groot.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy