The trailer offered more setup for the film: In 1920s New York, Muggles (or what Americans call “no-maj”) fear the magical creatures that have begun popping up around the city, some of them more frightening than others. It turns out that the source of these creatures is a suitcase being carried by Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne. Some have escaped, and Newt is on a hunt to recapture them.
Director David Yates, who helmed several of the Potter films, didn’t reveal much else about the movie. But Eddie Redmayne did hand out wands to everyone in the famous Hall H, which holds thousands of fans.
Fantastic Beasts hits theaters on Nov. 18, 2016.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022