An Adele superfan from Nigeria got the concert experience of a lifetime when he attended the vocal powerhouse’s Vancouver concert Thursday night.
Before the show even began, the 21-year-old tweeted that it was going to be “emotional.” Little did he know just how prescient that tweet would be.
In the middle of the concert, Adele herself pulled him onstage. When she learned he’d traveled all the way from Nigeria, she went in for a hug and a (probable) cheek kiss — but, as always happens under high-pressure cheek-kiss scenarios, the two ended up with a short smooch on the lips. The fan was, of course, ecstatic.
“Oh my god, I haven’t been kissed by another man in like six years!” Adele joked. “He just snogged me!”
She then made sure to give him the gift that lasts forever: a good photo opp. “Thanks for the kiss!” she said.
You can watch the full video in this tweet:
After their selfie, the fan got down on his knees in supplication while the crowd continued to go wild. He was definitely the right choice for Adele to bring onstage. And that ticket all the way from Nigeria? So worth it.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow